Would you hire a nanny for your child?

Samod Biobaku
Samod Biobaku
An 18-year-old nanny, Covenant Bassey, who allegedly abducted her employer’s one-year-old son, David Robinson, in the Satellite Town area of Calabar, Cross River State, has been arrested. Would you hire a nanny for your child/children?

Comments

• Joseph Olumide
    Joseph Olumide
    No, I would not hire a nanny for my child. This is because of the experience I had while growing up, it was unpleasant growing up without ur parents. The bad experience I had was not as a result of my parents hiring a nanny. Second, stories i witnessed first hand would not allow me to hire one.
    Imagine a nany who coonstantly gives the baby doses of valium, which ended up killing the child. Or was it the one that offers the baby his dick to suck while his boss was not around. Nemesis caught up with him the day he slept off with his dick in the baby's mouth and the father of the baby came home to see the act. Child molesters are among the category, house maid/ nannies who initiate babies into the occult..so many things could go wrong while leaving the care of your children to a 'stranger'.
    Even family members are worse.
    Although, I will admit here that there are some nannies who are a blessing in disguise, but majority of them are 'animals in human skin.
  • Joseph Olumide
    Joseph Olumide
    No, I would not hire a nanny for my child. This is because of the experience I had while growing up, it was unpleasant growing up without ur parents. The bad experience I had was not as a result of my parents hiring a nanny. Second, stories i witnessed first hand would not allow me to hire one.
    Imagine a nany who coonstantly gives the baby doses of valium, which ended up killing the child. Or was it the one that offers the baby his dick to suck while his boss was not around. Nemesis caught up with him the day he slept off with his dick in the baby's mouth and the father of the baby came home to see the act. Child molesters are among the category, house maid/ nannies who initiate babies into the occult..so many things could go wrong while leaving the care of your children to a 'stranger'.
    Even family members are worse.
    Although, I will admit here that there are some nannies who are a blessing in disguise, but majority of them are 'animals in human skin.
  • Jane Orumen
    Jane Orumen
    I cannot categorically say yes or no because i have been fortunate to have my kid sisters take care of my kids for me and they have been wonderful. I have never hired a nanny and so i dont have a first hand experience. Meanwhile based on what we read and hear on daily basis i think it is a big risk having a nanny, but like the saying that "they are necessary evil". They are necessary evil in the sense that the woman or mother today is not the mother or woman of 50 years ago. 60% of Women today are working class, and they dont have options but to have nanny(ies). I have some friends who keeps changing nannies like on monthly or yearly basis for different reasons, some reasons are worth it while some can be waved off if we all decide to accept the fact that nobody is perfect. I dont want to believe that nannies are just naturally wicked, some of them come as avengers as a result of what they suffered in the hands of their previous employers or what they are presently going through in their present employ to deal with their employer. They dont just start manifesting wickedness, no they dont just do that, these nannies pass through alot in the hands of wicked employers too. Everybody needs to be shown love and appreciated but how many of these employers do these things to their nannies? They are always treated like outcast when they are suppose to be members of the family. They cannot eat when madam, oga and children are eating, they eat crumbs and wear rags, they sleep late and first to wake up, i can go on and on. You cannot be maltreating someone that takes care of your children, takes care of the home front and expect the person to be nice to your children or property when you are away, it is simply not possible. Lets forget about nannies here, in our circular jobs, will you watch the back of a boss or colleague who makes life unbearable for you? We all know the answer. In a nutshell, i believe that if you show love, you will get love in return. If you treat a nanny like a dog, you will definitely get the bite of a dog.
  • George Olumide
    George Olumide
    hmmmm it's tough to decide,honestly bcos depending on d type of occupation u are involved in, bcos of time management it wouldn't be easy if you are working for the government but if it is a self employed job,at least there is time, but for me I wouldn't hire a nanny until my child is about d age of 7 or 8.
  • Sarah Bulus
    Sarah Bulus
    Sarah Bulus
  • Sarah Bulus
    Sarah Bulus
    I enerstly won't hire any ananny because I believe in weighing circumstances to know if the advantage is greater than the disadvantage, and clearly in this case the disadvantage is greater. Most of this so-called nanny's r never married n so have little or zero knowledge of how to take care of a child.
  • Chidinma Ofong
    Chidinma Ofong
    Hmm, but what can we do? At some point in our busy lives, we definitely need help. I have a live out Nanny. I have 2 kids, 3+ and 1+, for over a year now, so far God has taken control of every situation. The secret is women, try as much as possible to teach, put them through of your own styles....@home. As far as I have food at home , she eats both morning, afternoon even if I have in the evening before she leaves why not... I feel I have to treat her like my younger sibling if really I want to get a good result at the end of the day when I get back from work. And I have never regretted it. I also give her food items, money for transport once in a while just to make sure there is no loop hole any where. I no get choice my people.......But the bottom line is the wicked ones will always show their true colours no matter how had they try to hide. Just be at alert !
Sign in to comment